World Draughts Forum

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 13:32

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 06:08 

Andrew Tjon A Ong wrote:
J.Pawlicki wrote:
Important for the players !
Pity, but as we can see on fmjd web: http://fmjd.org/?p=calend this tournament is out of fmjd rating system. So no changes in ratings, no FMJD norms...
Of course it can be changed but it is question of organizers wish. How to do it ? Very easy -> just ask Your own federation or me.

Yes indeed, it is very pity for the players. But also for the tournament organizations and for the FMJD!! The Dutch tournament organizers disagree with the new ridiculous financial policy of the FMJD :evil: . They don’t want to be used for the financial problems of the FMJD. That’s why they decide not to pay for these financial consequences of organizing a recognized international tournament. So until this moment tournaments such as Barnsteen, Thailand Open, Salou Open, The Hague Open, Nijmegen Open, Brunsum Open, Hiltex Zeeland Open, Tavira Open and Groningen Seaports Masters are not yet recognized for the FMJD ratings/titles (but luckily, and maybe more important, they are recognized for the KNDB-rating!)
That’s a very pitiful situation, and I’m sure this is a great devaluation of the FMJD-ratingsystem.
Who’s responsible for that? Who can solve this unwanted situation? What is the best solution for this problem? Mr Pawlicki, now I’m asking you: Do you know the answer?

Of course I KNOW !
FMJD General Assambly.
I just USE the rules and as You know I'm trying to do my best to grow up rating system.
Therefore I decide to make this remark at this place.
By the way ... 50 euro to fmjd to be recognized it is NOTHING NEW !!! It exist years ... minimum 20 !!! The problem was that nobody caring about it. It is almost the same like with reporting competition. Never ending story ... MOST of tournaments reports coming to fmjd for rating/titles after remainders ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 

Ganesha wrote:
Hallo Jacek, I heard off course about this idea in Berlin. As I said there, a wrong idea.
Why should we have the FMJD as the FMJD react like this.A couple off Years and the FMJD can stop.

During GA was a discussion about future and NEW contribution system from 2011. But CONTRIBUTION to be recognized EXIST for years !!! Nothing new ....
Please understand also my position - I AM A USER OF THIS RULES. My personal opinion is not important. If we/You like to change something let think about it and come to GA with new ideas. But of course do not forget that fmjd need something in cash to exist !!! This is also important ! Just contributions to SportAccord and IMSA it is something ... If we dont like to pay any kind of contributions - thats ok, but ... we need to find other sources or cancel some activities. Rating calculations, web site etc ... not a big problem ... it exist for free. But FMJD have some more obligations ...

With rating from my point of view the real problem is that many organizers and/or referees think that this is MY DUTY to search on web results and calculate it.
NO! It is up to referees to send report just after the competition. It is EXTREMELY easy. TM and ChessArbiter producers (Jan Messeling and Adam Curylo) made an option "Send report to fmjd". EVEN with this a lot of referees have a problem. Let me give few example from the last moths:
1). I found on web tournament. Finished month ago - I send a remainder to the referee ... the answer was "Oh sorry, I was so ill just after the tournament" ... :mrgreen:
2). My notebook was stolen so WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME ! (as a consequence I personally RECONSTRUCT all competition based on different sources and also TDb) :evilbat:
3). WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME ... Just look at web if You want something ... :drinking:
4). Directly after this championship I spend 2 weeks with my wife on holidays so i was not able to fulfill YOUR (?!!) wish. :fist:
never ending story ... but, let me repeat ... ALL what referees should do it is to input data correctly into software and USE OPTION SEND TO FMJD !!!

P.S.
I was never ill, my notebook was never stolen, I was never on holiday ;) Ratings always ready 4 times per year EXACTLY at the date as it should be.

P.S.2.
:angel: I'm optimistic ... step by step we are better and better 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 14:18 

J.Pawlicki wrote:
Andrew Tjon A Ong wrote:
J.Pawlicki wrote:
Important for the players !
Pity, but as we can see on fmjd web: http://fmjd.org/?p=calend this tournament is out of fmjd rating system. So no changes in ratings, no FMJD norms...
Of course it can be changed but it is question of organizers wish. How to do it ? Very easy -> just ask Your own federation or me.

Yes indeed, it is very pity for the players. But also for the tournament organizations and for the FMJD!! The Dutch tournament organizers disagree with the new ridiculous financial policy of the FMJD :evil: . They don’t want to be used for the financial problems of the FMJD. That’s why they decide not to pay for these financial consequences of organizing a recognized international tournament. So until this moment tournaments such as Barnsteen, Thailand Open, Salou Open, The Hague Open, Nijmegen Open, Brunsum Open, Hiltex Zeeland Open, Tavira Open and Groningen Seaports Masters are not yet recognized for the FMJD ratings/titles (but luckily, and maybe more important, they are recognized for the KNDB-rating!)
That’s a very pitiful situation, and I’m sure this is a great devaluation of the FMJD-ratingsystem.
Who’s responsible for that? Who can solve this unwanted situation? What is the best solution for this problem? Mr Pawlicki, now I’m asking you: Do you know the answer?

Of course I KNOW !
FMJD General Assambly.
I just USE the rules and as You know I'm trying to do my best to grow up rating system.
Therefore I decide to make this remark at this place.
By the way ... 50 euro to fmjd to be recognized it is NOTHING NEW !!! It exist years ... minimum 20 !!! The problem was that nobody caring about it. It is almost the same like with reporting competition. Never ending story ... MOST of tournaments reports coming to fmjd for rating/titles after remainders ...

Thank you for your quick response. Of course I know that it is approved by the General Assembly, but I was wondering who is responsible for this worst idea of the year. I’ve understood, that for the year 2010 the recognition policy will be the same as last year, so I expect not a lot of problems, but after 2010 we have to face a big problem. We understand your position. We know that you are just doing your job, and you are doing it very well. No doubt about that. But until this moment the situation is that no one of the Dutch organizers of the Open tournaments I mentioned before agreed with the new financial policy in case of recognizing their tournament. So they are not willing to pay all the unreasonable contributions and taxes on the tournaments, because it is disastrous for the tournaments. Then we have a serious problem. Not only for the players and organizers but especially for the FMJD. The FMJD will make a fool of themselves and will not be taken seriously anymore.
That is not a healthy situation for our sport, and that’s why we have to look for a good solution.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 14:26 

Let keep 2010 as it is (and should be in the past) and let just DISCUSS ! I dont think that somebody from CD like to 'kill' something in our draughts-movement even quite differently. Lets discuss... lets think seriously about all our common problems etc... We mast be reasonable !
Let's tournaments organizers do one step (reporting correctly, without any delay and in good form, paying 50 euro fee) and from other site let us (CD members) think seriously about all this system.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 19:04 

Quote Jacek:"Let keep 2010 as it is (and should be in the past) and let just DISCUSS ! I dont think that somebody from CD like to 'kill' something in our draughts-movement even quite differently. Lets discuss... lets think seriously about all our common problems etc... We mast be reasonable !
Let's tournaments organizers do one step (reporting correctly, without any delay and in good form, paying 50 euro fee) and from other site let us (CD members) think seriously about all this system."

Jacek, I have to say a strange way to start a discussion. You put information on the form, that will start at 2011, with the suggestion that it will alreaddy start in 2010. Not my way.

It was a idea from the CD, and You were totally agree. So don't do if You are the messenger and nothing more.

To change this rule it can be only done in 2011, when the rule is alreaddy started.
For me it is not clear what You want, putting Your informations by 2 topics over tournaments?
Only starting a discussion?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 01:50 

Dagelijks krijgen we veel ongeruste mailtjes van dammers over de toestand in Thailand. Men vraagt zich af of het toernooi nog doorgaat. De situatie in Thailand is momenteel zorgelijk, maar niet desastreus. Mocht het zo blijven dan is er voor ons niets aan de hand. Ik heb vandaag nog contact met Jomtien gehad. Ze merken daar zelf niets van de ongeregeldheden. Ze moeten echt via de TV en internet gaan bekijken om er achter te komen dat er demonstraties en rellen in Bangkok zijn, anders zouden ze dat niet eens weten.
Er is voor de provincie waar we in spelen, provincie Chonburi, dan ook geen negatief reisadvies. De airport van Bangkok ligt +/- 25 km van het centrum van Bangkok af, richting Jomtien. De dammers die meteen naar Jomtien gaan zullen dus niets van de ongeregeldheden merken. Normaal zou je in deze periode beter Bangkok kunnen mijden, maar als ik zelf een hotel geboekt had voor Bangkok, dan zou ik er geen probleem mee hebben. Bangkok is zo een gigantisch grote stad met meer dan 8 miljoen inwoners. Je zult dus weinig moeite hoeven te doen om de demonstranten te uit de weg te gaan, mocht je ze toevallig tegenkomen. Het is niet zo dat er aanslagen op toeristen gepleegd worden, zoals soms in andere landen wel het geval was (bijv. in Egypte). Nee, de toeristen blijven zowel voor de voorstanders als voor de tegenstanders van de regering van harte welkom.
Iedereen wacht de situatie met spanning af. Gelukkig (nog) geen afmeldingen voor het toernooi. Als de situatie zo blijft is er dus voor ons niets aan de hand. Het zou kunnen verslechteren, maar het toernooi is pas over vier (spannende) weken. Het is niet te verwachten dat de situatie dan slechter zal zijn dan nu. Voor ons gaat dus alles gewoon door, onder de huidige omstandigheden. Als er na ons toernooi nog ongeregeldheden plaatsvinden in Bangkok. Dan kan men overwegen om de extra vakantie dagen in Jomtien/Pattaya door te brengen in plaats van in Bangkok, maar dat kan later alsnog beslist worden. De rondreis naar Laos gaat natuurlijk gewoon door. Nieuwe aanmeldingen voor toernooi en rondreis blijven welkom!

Uitzicht op het zwembad van het hotel met in het midden een heuse poolbar :drinking:

Fraai onderhouden tuin bij het zwembad

Analyseruimte met JP. Drost en H.de Waard. Beiden dit jaar helaas niet van de partij :(

Gelukkig heeft oud (en komend?) Nederlands kampioen Ron Heusdens in ieder geval al wel geboekt voor Thailand Open
Come and enjoy Thailand Open 2010 :!:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 18:12 

De ellende in Thailand gaat nog steeds door. Hoewel ze het niet op toeristen gemunt hebben, wordt het voor de normale toerist steeds enger om richting Thailand te vertrekken. Voor volgende week staan er nieuwe demonstraties op de agenda. Dan zal de hel losbarsten.
Echter, voor ons nog geen reden om het toernooi af te lasten. We hebben het hele jaar door veel promotie gemaakt voor ons toernooi en dag en nacht gewerkt om weer een nieuwe deelnemer te mogen inschrijven. We waren er uiteindelijk ook in geslaagd om een mooi deelnemersveld bij elkaar te krijgen. Door externe factoren werd het alleen maar lastiger om het toernooi dit jaar te kunnen laten plaatsvinden. Dan heb ik het nog niet eens over het wel of niet erkennen door de FMJD inz. het verwerken van de ratings en uitslagen van dit toernooi en de financiële afdrachten die daar bij horen. We hebben de IJslandse aswolk gehad (en het gevaar voor een nieuwe aswolk is nog niet voorbij) en natuurlijk de politieke instabiliteit in het land, met de talloze bloederige demonstraties. Waar we bang voor waren, gebeurt nu toch. In ruim een maand tijd 20 afmeldingen. Gisteren tot overmaat van ramp ook de afmelding van de gehele Chinese delegatie ontvangen. Ze durven het toch niet aan om onder deze omstandigheden naar Thailand te komen, terwijl ik hun toch verzekerd heb, dat de dammers totaal geen gevaar lopen. Dat is een hele zware domper. We hadden al een heel hotel voor ze afgehuurd, naambordjes laten maken en extra prijzen besteld voor jeugd en meisjes, en nu hebben ze amper 3 weken voor aanvang van het toernooi geannuleerd. Dat is geen goede reclame voor de Chinese dambond. Hopelijk zullen ze dat volgend jaar (Thailand Open 2011 3 t/m 12 juni 2011) goedmaken.
Vooralsnog gaat Thailand Open dus gewoon door. T/m vandaag geen vuiltje aan de lucht in Jomtien, de plaats waar ons toernooi gespeeld zal worden. Ook de rondreis Laos gaat met een groep van minimaal 27 personen gewoon door. Iedereen heeft al betaald en alles is al geboekt. Dat gaat dus gewoon genieten worden!
Wat het toernooi betreft hebben we een krappe 30 deelnemers overgehouden. Genoeg om er weer een spetterend toernooi van te maken.
Een kijkje in de speelzaal bij E.Haagh-E.van Manen

De Friese maatjes Jan Terpstra en Hidde Risselada

Een typische slanke Thaise Buddha met offerbloemen

Pattaya by night

Naast het dammen kun je ook komen genieten van de heerlijke seafoodrestaurants in Pattaya

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 02:12 

Het laatste nieuws van Thailand Open 2010.

Vrijdag aanstaande gaat het feest beginnen. Diverse dammers zitten al met smart in Jomtien te wachten. Veel tegenvallers dit jaar, maar het is geen rampjaar geworden. Het zal de gezelligheid niet minder maken. We hebben veel nieuwe deelnemers. Ik hoop dat ze zo enthousiast en tevreden over Thailand 2010 zullen zijn,dat ze meteen voor Thailand Open 2011 (3 t/m 12 juni 2011) zullen inschrijven!

De vooruitzichten voor volgend jaar zijn erg gunstig. We hebben van heel veel nieuwe geinteresseerden aanvragen voor info voor de editie van 2011 gekregen.

We hebben dit jaar evenveel deelnemers als annuleringen, maar nogmaals, dat zal de pret niet drukken. Vooral de deelnemers aan de rondreis Laos hebben na het prachtige toernooi nog een heerlijk toetje achter de hand.
De rondreis voor volgend jaar moet nog uitgestippeld worden. Waarschijnlijk zal het een rondreis Vietnam of Birma worden.

Helaas is de euro sterk in waarde gedaald, waardoor alles in Thailand een stuk duurder is geworden voor ons. Normaal was 1300 baht 26 euro, maar nu is het gewoon 31 euro. Het blijft verder natuurlijk wel goedkoper dan Nederland, maar het verschil is niet zo groot als het eerst was.
Een goede link om de koers te bekijken is: http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Het toernooi zal te volgens zijn op:
Toernooibase: http://toernooibase.kndb.nl/indexgoed.php
Daar is ook al de nieuwste deelnemerslijst te zien. Het is altijd weer afwachten of iedereen die zich heeft opgegeven en zich niet heeft afgemeld ook wel zal verschijnen :roll:

Deelnemers Rating
1 Ron Heusdens (NL) 1491
2 Gabriel Heerema (NL)1389
3 Andrew Tjon A Ong (NL)1291
4 Cock van Wijk (NL) 1226
5 Harry Clasquin (NL) 1223
6 Piet Karregat (NL) 1211
7 Agita Martere (Latvia)1192
8 Gerben de Wit (NL) 1190
9 Ramon Sakidin (NL) 1186
10 Harrie Vosmeijer (NL)1145
11 Jan Jacobs (NL) 1128
12 Wim Vlooswijk (NL) 1106
13 Hein Wilsens (NL) 1103
14 Jerrie den Os (NL) 1080
15 Jeroen Cremers (NL)1055
16 Bas Baksoellah (NL) 1046
17 Iskander Al Sarayfi (NL)1026
18 Cyril Sluisdom (NL) 1021
19 Harold Jagram (NL) 1002
20 Gerard Perotti (NL) 998
21 Wim Koopman (NL) 996
22 Ton v.d. Ploeg (NL) 988
23 Leo Peters (NL) 962
24 Kumar Mangal (NL) 944
25 Piet Jonkers (NL) 851
26 Klaas Postema (NL) 815
27 Nerin Bisseswar (NL)774
28 Radjin Chandersingh (NL)757
29 Ajith Abeysekera (Sri Lanka)
30 Opas Raungvorrarugsiridia (Thailand)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 04:28 

Andrew en anderen, een mooi toernooi en rondreis in Laos.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 18:02 

1e ronde, 14 mei

Harry Clasquin - Harrie Vosmeijer
Gabriël Heerema - Cyril Sluisdom
Ron Heusdens - Jerrie den Os
Cock van Wijk - Jan Jacobs
Andrew Tjon A Ong - Gerard Peroti
Ramon Sakidin - Harold Jagram
Piet Karregat - Jeroen Cremers
Klaas Postema - Iskander Al Sarayfi
Leo Peters - Agita Marterere (Letland)
Bas Baksoellah - Ton v.d. Ploeg
Piet Jonkers - Wim Koopman
Kumar Mangal - Hein Wilsens
Wim Vlooswijk - Fredrik Kamara (Oeganda)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 06:02 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDjYJCxo2o

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 08:00 

1e ronde, 14 mei, uitslagen

Harry Clasquin - Harrie Vosmeijer 1-1
Gabriël Heerema - Cyril Sluisdom 2-0
Ron Heusdens - Jerrie den Os 2-0
Cock van Wijk - Jan Jacobs 1-1
Andrew Tjon A Ong - Gerard Peroti 2-0
Ramon Sakidin - Harold Jagram 2-0
Piet Karregat - Jeroen Cremers 1-1
Klaas Postema - Iskander Al Sarayfi 1-1
Leo Peters - Agita Marterere (Letland) 0-2
Bas Baksoellah - Ton v.d. Ploeg 2-0
Piet Jonkers - Wim Koopman 0-2
Kumar Mangal - Hein Wilsens 1-1
Wim Vlooswijk - Fredrik Kamara (Oeganda) 2-0

Partijen heb ik ingevoerd in Toernooibase, m.u.v. Vlooswijk-Kamara. Die voer ik morgen in.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 06:54 

Hallo Andrew en Eric: Ik lees op internet: Negatief reisadvies voor Thailand, door Ministerie van BuZa. Niet duidelijk wordt of dit een aangepast advies is. Hebben jullie in Thailand er zelf van gehoord? Wat betekend dit voor de Laosreis?
Het toernooi is de 14e begonnen, leuke startdag?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 07:45 

Uitslagen 2e ronde

Jeroen Cremers - Cock van Wijk 1-1
Jerrie den Os - Leo Peters 1-1
Harry Vosmeijer - Gabriël Heerema 0-2
Wim Koopman - Andrew Tjon A Ong 0-2
Agita Marterere - Ron Heusdens 1-1
Jan Jacobs - Piet Karregat 0-2
Hein Wilsens - Klaas Postema 0-2
Cyril Sluisdom - Harry Clasquin 0-2
Ton van der Ploeg - Harold Jagram 2-0
Bas Baksoellah - Ramon Sakidin 0-2
Nerin Bisseswar - Wim Vlooswijk 0-2
Gerard Peroti - Piet Jonkers 2-0
Iskander Al Sarayfi - Kumar Mangal 2-0
Fredrik Kamara - dummy 2-0

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 09:38 

Ganesha wrote:
Hallo Andrew en Eric: Ik lees op internet: Negatief reisadvies voor Thailand, door Ministerie van BuZa. Niet duidelijk wordt of dit een aangepast advies is. Hebben jullie in Thailand er zelf van gehoord? Wat betekend dit voor de Laosreis?
Het toernooi is de 14e begonnen, leuke startdag?

Hoi Ganesha,
Er is nu inderdaad een zwaar negatief reisadvies voor Bangkok. We zijn net op tijd hier begonnen met het toernooi. Iedereen is binnen en we zijn inmiddels al 2 ronden ver. De rondreis Laos gaat in ieder geval door. Wat mij betreft zelfs als er een burgeroorlog hier mocht uitbreken. Dan vluchten we wel naar Laos. Nee hoor, hier in Jomtien is er gelukkig geen vuiltje aan de lucht. Mensen in Bangkok (zowel toeristen als burgerbevolking) wordt aangeraden om zoveel mogelijk binnen te blijven of de stad te ontvluchten. Hopelijk is het al weer rustig als we over 2,5 week na de rondreis Laos Bangkok komen binnen rijden.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next