Damy - request

Discussion about development of draughts in the time of computer and Internet.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Damy - request

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Wed Feb 15, 2017 16:51

Request to Gerard Taille. In relation to approaching with tournament into international draughts, whether I can ask you for making the program of the Damy available to tournament.

Krzysztof

TAILLE

Re: Damy - request

Post by TAILLE » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:23

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:Request to Gerard Taille. In relation to approaching with tournament into international draughts, whether I can ask you for making the program of the Damy available to tournament.

Krzysztof
My priority is clearly to study new algorithms and new eval function. I change my program every day and currently Damy is not able to play a game. Damy is now able to solve quite difficult endgame positions (typically 8x8 to 10x10 positions) but I have still a lot work to do in the middle game. In addition I try to build a Damy version dedicated to play against weaker programs or again humans in order to try to provoque mistakes to increase the number of wins.
Gérard

Krzysztof Grzelak

Re: Damy - request

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:05

I understand and thank you for your answer Gerard. Therefore, some developers still did not manage to write your program is a tournament will be held a month later.So I have this request or not you do the next month Damy to tournament. I have yet to write that I am not a thief code in the program, because they do not know how to program.

Krzysztof.