Amidst other stuff i am working on, there is a new version available for dragon draughts. Version 4.5 can be downloaded from:http://mdgsoft.home.xs4all.nl/draughts/download/SetupDragon%20v4.5.0.msi
- minor strength gain
- better support for 4k monitors
- various bugfixes, including a draw-by-repetion bug.
- dragon 4.5 now allows you to install the tournament evaluation function with 50M parameters. This plays a bit stronger, a typical tournament between the
two versions ends in about 20-10 and loads of draws.
I keep 2 seperate versions of Dragon; a "normal" version with a smaller evaluation function (13 fields, 3m parameters) and a tournament version with a bigger evaluation version. (18 fields, 50m parameters)
With bigger tables, dragon will start slower though, and needs a 64 bits cpu and 8 gb of ram. This is the reason i don't include the files in the normal version.
To instal the big evaluation table:
1) Download from http://mdgsoft.home.xs4all.nl/draughts/download/DragonEvalTable%20v4.5.zip
2) Place the extracted rf files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MDG Software\Dragon Dammen\tables\eval\set5b" (if you used a default installation path)
To confirm that is it installed:
1) Start dragon, and click 'options' from the menu. Click 'engine options' on the left.
2) At 'current memory usage', the number after 'fixed' should read about 1230 for the tournament tables, and about 237 for the normal tables