World Draughts Forum

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 07:13

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Flits Dxp Server
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:40 

Such a program must look window program Flits.

Attachments:
FLITS.jpg
FLITS.jpg [ 167.1 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 19:31 

Ed Gilbert wrote:
Quote:
It's was a long dream to be able to run a dxp match against Flits, but unfortunally, it don't work for me. Only the beginning FEN position stay on the board of Flits and the game don't beginning.
Can you help me please.

There are some very specific requirements for setting up the flits windows to allow the dxp server to work. Read the instructions in flits_dxp_server.txt carefully, and pay attention to the requirements for the sizing of the "Uw zet:" and "Zetverloop" windows.

If you post or email me a screen shot of your desktop showing both the command line console and flits windows, I can probably see the problem with your setup.

-- Ed

Hi Ed

This is the pictures concerning Flits dxp.
I precise that i tried to launch it as follower without success, i tried also as initiator against Kingsrow , same thing.
I hope that these pictures will help you to help me :D

Attachment:
Flits config text.JPG
Flits config text.JPG [ 155.26 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Attachment:
Flits command.JPG
Flits command.JPG [ 51.59 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Attachment:
Flits board.JPG
Flits board.JPG [ 119.56 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Attachment:
Kingsrow board.JPG
Kingsrow board.JPG [ 102.6 KiB | Viewed 475 times ]

Thank

--Sidiki

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 21:07 

Sidiki, there are several problems with your setup. The main problem is that you have not sized the "Uw zet:" window correctly. From the flits dxp server docs:
Quote:
Size the Uw zet window so that its height is only high enough to display one row of text. You can test this by typing any characters in the window and then press Enter. The characters should scroll out of view when the Enter key is pressed. The width of the Uw zet window should be sufficient to view at least 25 numbers.

You have the height of the "Uw zet:" window set to show multiple lines of text commands, which will confuse the server. Adjust it so that you can only see one line of text. You can test this by typing any nonsense text into the window and pressing Enter. After you press Enter, the text should scroll up and out of sight. See the screen pic that Krzysztof posted earlier in this thread.

Also, you have launched the server using the options that are given as an example for running a match against truus, but for a match against kingsrow it is better to let kingsrow be the Initiator. The only command-line option you need is -p to disable pondering in Flits. Then give the kingsrow commands, Game, Make DXP connection, followed by Game, Start match. Don't forget the you have to set the time controls in Flits manually before you start the match, because the flits server has no way to control these settings.

I recommend that you also open the DXP window in kingrow so that you can see all the DXP commands that kingsrow sends and receives. It's not required, but it will help to understand what is happening if there are problems.

-- Ed

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 21:45 

Ed Gilbert wrote:
Sidiki, there are several problems with your setup. The main problem is that you have not sized the "Uw zet:" window correctly. From the flits dxp server docs:
Quote:
Size the Uw zet window so that its height is only high enough to display one row of text. You can test this by typing any characters in the window and then press Enter. The characters should scroll out of view when the Enter key is pressed. The width of the Uw zet window should be sufficient to view at least 25 numbers.

You have the height of the "Uw zet:" window set to show multiple lines of text commands, which will confuse the server. Adjust it so that you can only see one line of text. You can test this by typing any nonsense text into the window and pressing Enter. After you press Enter, the text should scroll up and out of sight. See the screen pic that Krzysztof posted earlier in this thread.

Also, you have launched the server using the options that are given as an example for running a match against truus, but for a match against kingsrow it is better to let kingsrow be the Initiator. The only command-line option you need is -p to disable pondering in Flits. Then give the kingsrow commands, Game, Make DXP connection, followed by Game, Start match. Don't forget the you have to set the time controls in Flits manually before you start the match, because the flits server has no way to control these settings.

I recommend that you also open the DXP window in kingrow so that you can see all the DXP commands that kingsrow sends and receives. It's not required, but it will help to understand what is happening if there are problems.

-- Ed

Hi Ed

Thank very much, it working fine now. i reduced the size of "uw zet"

--Sidiki

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 21:38 

Ed Gilbert wrote:
Quote:

-- Ed

Hi Ed,

Once again, thank for the help, i successfully runed Flits in dxp mode.
Another and perhaps one question:
Please can you show me how to run Truus as initiator.
Thank

---Sidiki

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 22:58 

Quote:
Another and perhaps one question:
Please can you show me how to run Truus as initiator.

Truus cannot be an initiator, only a follower.

-- Ed