(Diagram: a marvellous composition of Hein Wilsens.)First on-line composition competition Toernooibase
At Facebook there was the suggestion to organize a composition competition for problemists. After some consultation, Toernooibase organizes a first experimental on-line game-like composition competition. The conditions:
- a maximum of two compositions can be submitted per author
- problems can be entered into Toernooibase up to 1 March or can be sent with the solution to the e-mail address below
- the composition may not have been published before
- coproduction is not permitted
- the composition must have a game-like starting position, a recognizable game structure (for example Classic or KVO etc.) provides bonus points for the judging
- the composition must have an unambiguous solution and may not contain any side solution. A pure final stand yields bonus points in the judging
- the composition may not have a King in its starting position
- the composition does not have to comply with the so-called Sharp Rules (to be found on http://cpi.fmjd.org/ri-rules-international-cpi/
), although it does provide extra bonus points
- complex stand explanations and computer forcings are negatively valued
The compositions can be entered by people with an account on Toernooibase link Positions under the (author)name NN and source Concours Toernooibase (see screenshot of the final inputform below). Manual can be found at http://toernooibase.kndb.nl/posities/op ... Engels.pdf
from page 4.
An account can be requested at e-mail adress firstname.lastname@example.org
, but if desired, the compositions can also be sent at this e-mail with a solution.
Judging: Arjen Timmer has decided to act as chairman of the jury. The aim is to add a second juror.
Prizes: This first composition competition is held for the 'eternal fame' unless (before 1 March) sponsors are registered / found.
Announcement of results: probably in April during the Dutch Championship 2018 in Harlingen.
Schermprint van invulformulier/Screenshot of inputform:
Toelichting jurering: http://toernooibase.kndb.nl/invoer/uplo ... 202018.pdf
Namens de organisatie/On behalf of the organisation,
Piet Bouma, Arjen Timmer, Pim Meurs.